A simplistic approach to Search Engine Optimization usually means troubles, or rather, a waste of money. Is my list of top ten of methods to detect that the people sitting before you might not be a serious partner to make your web business grow.
1. Here is your “Top 50” “Top 100” or “Guarantee positioning” package. There is no way of predicting which position virtually any site can reach on any internet search engine for virtually any keyword. The specific ranking of any website is a function of a number of ever-changing interactions which are not at the disposal of the search engine agency. Besides the engines themselves periodically changing their ranking logics, in this particular very second there are countless websites and search engine agencies working hard to enhance their positioning for the keyword “London hotel”. How can you honestly make sure you will rank on the top of them?
And moreover… who cares? The positioning of any given keyword will not be the objective of any SEO activity. Nor this is a parameter to measure your online success. The quantity of top rankings for more than-inflated keywords is not planning to affect your EBITBA. Conversions and CPA are.
A significant online search engine agency will rather get committed on the quantity and excellence of traffic (conversions!), as well as give you tangible sales leads (and will be able to offer you more clever advices then just make an effort to get the traffic from the same kind of 50 obvious keywords).
2. We don’t do doorway pages. These are generally “landing pages”. BMW utilized to think it didn’t make much difference. Then, its website completely disappeared from Google. Search engines like google can discriminate between proper landing pages and spamming, and can ban you in a second, making all your investments rise in smoke. Make sure landing pages are what they ought to be, an informative landing environment which is fully integrated within your navigation and content structure.
3. SEO is just about throwing in in certain meta tags. Meaning:”We do have a feeling that there are other key factors…off-the page elements like blogs, social bookmarking, press releases, viral content, advanced link popularity and link bait are just as important as meta tags for search engine listings, in fact, we haven’t got an idea of how to achieve that stuff.”
4. It’s OK to enjoy 95% of your own online budget on pay-per-click. Meaning:”Getting you your fair share of traffic from SEO might require a bit more effort on our side so we usually do not mind concerning your distribution costs”.
5. PPC is more controllable than SEO. Meaning:”Achieving and tracking SEO results seems kind of hard, let’s perform some ppc advertising instead”.
6. We guarantee you get ranked in 15 days. Option 1:”No, not in the search engines really, just in 20.000 obscure search engines like google.”
Option 2: “We will bring you a top position in the search engines for ‘design luxury yet budget accommodation providers inside the tundra’ (with exact phrase match)”.
7. We simply specialize in search engines like google. Meaning: “What will happen each time a user arrives to your internet site is not our business and we don’t understand much about usability or what must be done to generate a booking over a travel website”.
8. Yeah, our company is an internet agency and can do the major search engines for you. Sounds like: “I’ve been plumber for your last thirty years, having said that i will fix with your electrical system for some extra cash”.
9. You don’t should do any work on the website. Meaning:”Deleting that annoying flash intro page would destroy an individual experience. And adding some interesting content is not necessary. Not that lots of people really use search engine listings rivfiz book their travel anyway”.